Yasiel Puig quietly settled multiple sexual assault complaints while playing MLB, report says
Yasiel Puig, a former Major League Baseball star, was accused of sexual assault by two different women for consecutive days in 2017, reaching confidential agreements with the two alleged victims, according to a new report from The Washington Post. The women, represented by famous lawyer Gloria Allred, were paid a total of around $ 325,000 by Puig, according to his lawyer. According to To post, the league learned of the allegations during the 2017 season. Instead of placing Puig on paid administrative leave while he investigated the case, it quietly allowed him to continue playing. Eventually, the MLB closed its investigation without any action taken.
No charges were laid in either case. The charges of the two alleged victims remained secret until a third woman sued Puig last year, accusing him of sexually assaulting her in October 2018. Court records show the third victim said that Puig “had made his way” into the bathroom at the Staples Center, “physically” the door and attempted to kiss and fiddle with her. He held her in place while he masturbated, after which she was able to escape. Puig, who spent seven seasons as a star outfielder for teams like the Los Angeles Dodgers, Cincinnati Reds and Cleveland Indians, was exiled to the Mexican League after all allegations against him surfaced at the continuation of the pursuit. After the league was locked out on December 1, Puig signed a one-year, $ 1 million contract with a South Korean team.
Read it on The Washington Post