Bob Commings Field at GlenOak to get a new scoreboard
TWP UNI. – A new scoreboard is coming to Bob Commings Field on the GlenOak High School campus.
The Plain Local School Board on Thursday approved the acquisition of the new dashboard for up to $344,230. The dashboard will replace the existing one which is 15 years old.
Learn more about Stark County football stadiums:Where to Find Stark County Football Stadiums
Other improvements to Bob Commings Field:Plain school board to boost the locker room project
Superintendent Brent May said the new dashboard will allow the district to sell more ads, which will help pay its cost. The district will use money from its main operating fund to pay for the scorecard.
Paving arrives at Oakwood parking lots, personnel changes are approved
In other matters, the school board:
- Authorized $330,000 to pave parking areas around Oakwood Middle School. May said a primary area to be paved is land that is behind the left field fence of the baseball diamond.
- Approval of a new five-year contract for Kathy Jordan, longtime district treasurer and director of finance, effective August 1. The terms of the new contract were not immediately available.
- Hiring Debbie Ciesielczyk as Assistant Treasurer on a one-year contract and approval of a two-year contract for Assistant Transportation Clerk Vickie Scarpino.
- Accepted the resignation of Oakwood deputy principal Chad Merritt, who will become principal of Fairless High School in August.
- Accepted the resignations of Amy Saylor, district psychologist, effective June 30; and Jennifer Ammond, fifth-grade math teacher; Skylar Bunish, kindergarten teacher at Middlebranch, Hannah Louk, first-grade teacher at Barr Elementary, Lacey Marinaro, seventh-grade language arts teacher; Lori Nolte, fourth-grade language arts and science teacher at Warstler, Brianna Rymer, science teacher at GlenOak, all starting June 1.
- Hired Michael Campbell as Spanish teacher at Oakwood and GlenOak and Sydney Rowlands as sophomore geometry teacher, both effective August 12.
- Accepted the resignation of bus driver Awilda Rivera, retroactive to April 7; Pat Schaffer, GlenOak Secretary, effective June 30; Warstler Executive Chef Lori Wise, starting June 1, and Oakwood Executive Chef Cindy Yoho, starting June 1.
The next board meeting will be at 6:30 p.m. on May 10 at GlenOak High School.
Contact Kelli at 330-580-8339 or email@example.com.
On Twitter: @kweirREP